Tuesday 11 March 2008

Progress report


Have Ewe any wool is well on the way to completion now. The scissor fob is done and the strawberry pincushion just needs its leaves and stalk. Maybe tonight?! I am rather pleased with this one and have found the chart instructions very clear to follow.


Do you like my pink mat underneath? That was a class at our embroiderer's guild some years ago. A New Zealand embroiderer revived an old English style of embroidery called Fisherton De la Mere and the technique was taught at guilds up and down New Zealand. It is rather time consuming but very effective - I rather like the textured result but don't actually use my mat. It is rolled up and put away in a drawer and I only rescued it as a backdrop for this photograph :-)


1 comment:

Carol said...

Margaret - absolutely gorgeous!!!