Tuesday 23 September 2008

Finished!

Yesterday I put the final stitches in to Santa and finished the construction. So he can now be revealed in all his glory! And now the confession - he is destined to arrive in time for the festive season at the home of one of the people who I have got to know in all the wonderful exchanges I have joined in this year. Who knows his fat little tummy may even be stuffed with some goodies :-)


So now I have no excuse and I must return to The Queen's Sweet Bag and all that lovely one over one tent stitch! It's rather like a mountain climb but I feel as if I am almost at the pass and soon it will be the downward slope. Sincerely hope so!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the recipient will love it! As a Kiwi living in Aussie, I've loved seeing this Kiwi design being stitched up over the weeks ... the Pohutukawa always makes me think of 'home' :) Can't wait to see more of the sweet bag, though, that's one SCRUMMY project! :D

Olga said...

Lovely finish, the recipient will sure love it!

Carol R said...

Someone is going to be really lucky to receive this beautiful Santa!

Janaina said...

Aaaawww Our Xmas is by summer too, so that Santa would be a blast at Brasil!
Lovely, lovely, lovely piece, Margaret! Well done! =)

Felicity said...

Oooh! A tropical Santa! Where did you get it? I really like it.