Thursday 13 November 2008

Some stitching finishes

A lot of recent stitching has been for exchanges so I can only now show it off .

First, an "out of the blue thank you to Edgar" present. He shares my obsession with Christmas Ornaments so these little mittens from an old issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine seemed perfect. They are triple stitched on Cork Linen - first of all a base of Scottish Stitch, then crosses in gold metalic and finally gold beads. But they do look effective. As I'd hoped it was a surprise - so here's the other goodies that went in the package ; Edgar's favourites - tea and chocolate!
Second, the random selector has been determined that Becky K and I shall become friends and we were "connected" for the HOE Mattress Exchange, Floss Tag Exchange and Christmas Exchange. I stitched the JOY ornament in DMC threads on a scrap of Belfast linen and finished it with some antique looking lace from "grandma's old box". The chart was from the December 2007 issue of The Gift of Stitching magazine and then I decided to go cute and make it in to a needleroll. Becky said she loves needlerolls so that worked out well. You can read what Becky says about it here. This photo is of the extras in the package. I sent her a sheet of Frogs because they had been visiting my house a lot lately! And finally some stitching for ME. Staci kindly sent me a copy of the instructions to make this cute Quaker Tree from The Workbasket. It was in the 2002 Just Cross Stitch ornament issue which is now out of print - unavailable - nowhere to be found ; but Staci came to the rescue and assured me I'd finish it in time for the great "putting up the tree" evening on 1 December. I expect to finish it off tonight but this is a progress report. I've stitched over one on Dublin Linen with my favourite DMC115. These photos aren't so good because they were taken at night. Have a great day everyone.

1 comment:

staci said...

Those are really lovely gifts you've made :) And your ornament is beatiful as well :)