Sunday 29 May 2011

Strawberries in the Winter?

Last night while watching the Antiques Roadshow I completed this Strawberry Biscornu.   You might remember that I sent a "kit" of this to my Aunty recently.   She was delighted and her wonderful letter of thanks inspired me to complete the construction on the one I had stitched.   This free design from Gift of Stitching is just beautiful but were I to do this again I would use pure linen as this fabric (Lugana?) was not so forgiving during the construction.   Anyway here's a snapshot of the top and sides of Strawberry Biscornu number one.


And so my holiday is over and I'm back to work tomorrow.   This "stitching break" has been just wonderful and I am revitalised to finish the final quarter of my Historic Countries Sampler.   Look out for the next update!
Have a good evening everyone

7 comments:

Karen said...

Your biscornu turned out lovely. Can't wait to see your next update on your sampler.

Gillie said...

So pretty, need to get going on mine! I heard a rumor that because of our wonderful weather in April and the strawberries ripened much earlier there may not be any (English) ones for Wimbledon! Lots of lovely stitching you've done but should not have scrolled down to see the cakes :)!,

Lennu said...

It's a beautiful biscornu!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely colours in your biscornu - good luck going back to work!

Catherine said...

What a lovely finish!!! I have never attempted a biscornu finish.

Melissa said...

Your biscornu reminds me of Spring - such lovely colours!

Glad you had a nice break and hope that you can ease back into work nicely tomorrow.

Anne said...

Lovely biscornu! The pattern is very bright and happy!