Saturday 7 January 2012

One down one to go

Today has been wet wet wet.   I managed to get the grocery shopping done and also went to a local shopping mall to spend vouchers I received for Christmas.   Some new underwear and a new top to liven up a summer skirt=happy Margaret!
It is now bed time for me but I have managed to finish one of the small sewing bags.  

I did finger knitting for the cord and linen toggles for the ends.  I used Wessex stitchery for this small bag and used threads from my stash.   The fabric is antique white 32 count belfast linen.   Although the lining was supposed to be navy and is more grey, I am pleased with how this turned out.    Between the folds of what looks like a needlebook lurks a small drawstring bag.   The whole concept is intriguing and I am pleased to have successfully constructed this.
The back looks like this.
Now I need to see who Inspector Barnaby will arrest for the murders this week - yes I am addicted to Midsomer Murders! 
The HDHBEM has already gone to bed so we will do the great blogaversary draw tomorrow morning and I will post the winner then.
Good night all.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Such a beautiful project!

Chris said...

Beautiful finish Margaret.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Very bonnie and very clever too.

Tatkis said...

What a beautiful sewing bag!
And I love to watch Midsomer murders too :)

Hugs,
Tatyana