Saturday 29 December 2012

Christmas Holidays are most productive!

Over the past few days I have been busy cooking, cleaning, preparing for visitors, knitting and stitching.
Today my friend Kazumi comes to visit me from Japan.   She will stay a week and we will be out and about.
In between a major Spring Clean (in her honour) I managed to finish the knitting (yes, it fits well and I promise a photo later).   I also signed up for the 2013 Christmas Ornament SAL here so have made a start already on the stitching for those.   I am determined that everything for this SAL shall be from stash and so far so good.
First up is a mitten (an unknown freebie) stitched in my favourite DMC 115
Then a small Quaker Christmas from an ancient copy of the JCS Christmas Ornament  issue -  again DMC115
Now I am working on the hardanger top for a mini Christmas Stocking.   If this one is successful the HD3QBEM wants me to make a pair for one of the grandchildren for next Christmas!
There is still quite a way to go on this one.  I did make a start on the dreaded picots last night -  Picots and I will probably never be friends but we are slowly getting better acquainted.
And I finished the waxer that Amy sent me for my birthday. 
This was a small packet from Fine-ally Finished and I was unsure how to make it up so dithered for a couple of months before making an attempt at what I thought seemed sensible.   It appears to have worked and so the waxer is now at home in my sewing tool box.
I may not be at the computer for a few days so will take this opportunity to wish everybody a very Happy New Year.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

You have been busy and it is all lovely. Enjoy your visit with your friend. Happy New Year from Okinawa.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Enjoy your visit Margaret. Lovely stitching, as always. I hope 2013 brings you much happiness.

Annie said...

Super cute ornament stitching:)
That is a beautiful colour.

Wish you a lovely time with your visiting friend and a Happy New Year from Sweden.

Maggie said...

You have already made a great start for your ornament SAL, I love the red mitten shape :-)

Hope you have a great time when your friend visits.

Nicola said...


Happy New Year dear friend. I wish the New year brings you lots of happiness and joy. May God shower his abundant blessings upon you all year round.

Melissa said...

Gorgeous stitching, Margaret! Happy New Year!

Karen said...

Beautiful stitching! Wishing you all of the best in 2013!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful ornaments. My favorite are the Quaker ones. Happy New Year to you Margaret!