Friday 25 January 2013

HAL Catchup

Tonight I have concentrated really hard and caught up on the two installments of A Confetti of Hardanger that were waiting to be done.
First was the Spiders Webs -  Abi Gurden gave really good instructions for these and I have more confidence now.

Second was a Struvor -  again brilliant instructions and I love this one!
This Hardanger- A- Long has been a wonderful way of gaining more confidence in the fillings that I avoided from fear.   And it has confirmed my love of this stitching too.   I foresee many more hardanger pieces in years to come.  I should really take photographs in daylight as these colours are far from true.
Anyway that's enough for tonight.  I need some beauty sleep.

9 comments:

cucki said...

it is so beautiful..
have a lovely weekend dear x

Pamela said...

How beautiful!

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Oh my, this is just amazing work. Absolutely beautiful. Irene xxx

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Beautiful work, so many interesting details. I can see why it could be intimidating, but definitely worth the extra effort. CJ in OK

valerie said...

Looks wonderful Margaret! I've never heard of a Hardanger-A-Long before but it seems like a fun way to learn and improve upon Hardanger skills.

sheri said...

You have a God-given gift. I cannot even imagine doing this. I will have to youtube it. It seems like magic....

Nicola said...

It is looking so pretty. A HAL sounds a wonderful way of leaning new stitches

Karen said...

It is gorgeous! The Struvor stitch is a new one for me and it is gorgeous!

MartyG said...

Beautiful stitching.