Wednesday 31 July 2013

Aren't brothers-in-law wonderful?!

This week my one and only superb brother-in-law has been staying.  He travelled all the way up to Auckland to help me out.   Thanks to his expertise I am on Wi fi and my iPad is set up; I have been initiated into Skype and eBooks.  Yes!   Good old-fashioned Margaret is well on the way to entering the 21st Century.   Thank you so much for all your help Patrick.
The only down side in this happy saga is that little stitching has been done.   I did complete two small pockets which are to have packets of seeds placed inside them and then they will be mailed as surprise gifts to relatives who need a pick me up.   Spring flowers should do it and if they plant now they should enjoy soon.  (Photos to follow soon - said finish needs ironing before I am happy to show off).

Next week I plan to stitch more on my Trip Book cover but while distractions are in place finishing off half done items from "the box" is amazingly satisfying.

8 comments:

Chris said...

So nice to have technical support :)

Mii Stitch said...

Oooh, could he come over to UK & sort out my WII Fit board?? :D

Pamela said...

You are going to love your iPad. There are many free books available on ebooks and there is also a free kindle app you can download to get even more free books. You should also have an app called FaceTime on your gadget, which is better than Skype, in my opinion, but it only works with other apple devices. When Ted first came to Japan and I was still in the US, we were able to talk and see each other every day via FaceTime with his iPad and my iPod touch, for free.
Do I see chopsticks in front of the two of you in the photo? Tell me you were out for Kaiten sushi.

cucki said...

so nice :)

kimstitch3 said...

Glad you are enjoying your brother in law. Family is so important.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Good for you moving forward with the technology - I'm lucky to have a teenage son to keep me right or I would struggle to keep up with everything. He has an iPad and an iPhone and so I learn bits and pieces when I see him using them. I hope you enjoy reading ebooks, I love using my Kindle and now don't like if I have to read a paperback.

Karen said...

How nice of your Brother-in-Law. I hope you have lots of fun with your iPad and many great conversations on Skype. :)

The little seed pockets sound so cute. I can't wait to see them.

Anna van Schurman said...

My BIL is tech support too! (He's a programmer at Google.) Looking forward to seeing your finishes.