Wednesday 15 October 2014

Blooming Roses

Can you hear the Happy Dance?
Today I completed the Ring O Roses Sewing Pocket.   Despite a certain lack of precise detail in the construction notes, this went together well and I am very happy with it.   I had wanted a sewing bag just big enough to carry the necessities to Guild meetings and now I have one.
I did put a double cord as the single specified in the instructions seemed lopsided to me.   Each cord took two hanks of DMC floss!   And, in my case, two hour long walks to the local Bernina Store (closest stockist of said floss) as I didn't get enough first trip.   Then I made the second cord too thick and too short, so spent another 30 minutes hanging over the balustrade untwisting a twisted cord:-(   All is well now and I am happy.
The bottom is the Ring O Roses so not immediately visible, rather a sort of pleasant secret for the stitcher:-)
Spring Cleaning is losing its attraction, dressmaking is between garments at present and I am pleased that the HD3QBEM and I go to Little Brother's this weekend as I am now getting bored.   This morning I had a look at the JobSeek website and reassured myself that there are suitable jobs for which I can apply - after I complete my promised month's holiday.   I need to cross the remainder of my jobs off my list and the next is to cut the HD3QBEM's finger nails so I'm off to do that now.   And the Hexagon runner is screaming for attention..... my afternoon should be fruitfully occupied.

10 comments:

cucki said...

My dear it's so beautiful..
Can you please tell me about the pattern? Who is the designer and from you got it..I wanted to make one too
It's so lovely
Thank you xx

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Beautiful bag Margaret, you are so good at finishing things to perfection. Enjoy your weekend trip.

Anna van Schurman said...

So lovely. I think you should take more than a month off so that we can see many more of your beautiful finishes! :)

valerie said...

Congrats on your finish! It turned out gorgeous!

Blu said...

What a stunning finish! I love the colour combination!

Maggie said...

Beautiful work. Enjoy the rest of your time off :-)

Wendy said...

it's beautiful Margaret, lovely stitching. I particularly love the little bunny hiding in one of the folds!

Denise said...

Love the sewing bag! The design is wonderful! I know you will enjoy taking that to your guild. Watch out, your
guild members will be wanting one!

Mizumatte said...

so beautiful, great job/ Jaana

Jennifer Stumpf said...

This is just lovely! I've so enjoyed following it from start to this beautiful finish. It looks perfect in construction to me! When you have a moment, can you please email me the link of where to find the instructions for this? I'd love to make one! jennstumpf@yahoo.com