Wednesday 6 January 2016

A reading decline?

Today I typed up my list of books read during 2015.   My total is a lot less than that of 2014 and as I wondered why I realized two things:
      falling asleep at night over a book does rather slow progress and ,
      caring for the elderly takes up time of which there is only a limited amount.
The total number of books read in the year has decreased over the last four years and in 2015 I did not even make the 200 target.   However, in Pollyanna mode, I can be thankful that unlike the HD3QBEM I do have my eyesight and can still read :-)
So far this year I have finished two books from the library and enjoyed both.   I plan a trip to the library this weekend so will stock up again.
Now I am off to start the 'word band' of the basket liner and promise an update on that tomorrow.


4 comments:

cucki said...

Happy reading x

Smily-Света said...

The same with me - much less of reading. But at least, I read. And try to be happy with this fact :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Yes, I'm grateful I still have my eyesight. Both my parents have to have cataract operations at the moment.
Have you considered audio books for the commute or long car journeys?

Anna van Schurman said...

I read ten books this year--four of them just before the year expired! I can't believe how many books you have read, and while you work and care for your mother and sew and stitch! I wouldn't worry about this "decline."