Wednesday 9 November 2016

Out of sight and Out of mind

Tonight I have decided I must be "out of my mind".   I can't even count to 3 correctly :-)
Here is a progress shot of squares three and four of the Quaker Friendship Book.   Looking good?
Well take a closer look and tell me if you can see the error?
Top right there is a square which is four threads wide when it should be six.   Bother.   The joys of poor eyesight, poor concentration and 36 count fabric.   I am not going to reverse stitch this but will leave it as is.   There is plenty of fabric to start again and I will do that and discard this piece. Bother again!
And "out of sight"?   Well look what I found hidden away.   How embarrassing.  I thought I didn't have any Unfinished Objects.  This is from The Victoria Sampler -  "Heirloom Nativity Sampler"
I started this at least three years ago (I see it was actually four) and only got this far, less than a third.   As this is a complete kit and I have all the threads, beads and bobbles necessary I am going to finish this off in time for Christmas .....2017

7 comments:

blue star stitcher said...

At least your found UFO had all of the threads and things still needed to finish it. Sometimes when I put projects away I forget to keep the threads with them and then have to worry about different dye lots and such.

stitchersanon said...

Lovely stitching...I love the Christmas piece. I'm not up for counting past three myself these days so I do empathise.

deb said...

Or you could just call it an adaptation?

What a lovely Christmas piece!

Von said...

Gorgeous stitching, Margaret! Glad the VS Sampler found the light of day; it's too pretty to leave undone. :)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I didn't spot the error but when you know it's there, you'll not forget about it. The Nativity Sampler will be a lovely finish.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I guess I am like your mother, Magaret as I too read several Royal magazines. I hate when you have to reverse sew, as you so elegantly word it. And I think us stitchers always have something tucked away, yes, completely forgotten sometimes. With the move, I 'unearthed' a couple more UFO's, that were 'out of sight, out of mind.'Lovely stitching on that lovely Sampler.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How frustrating. But at least you have plenty of fabric and thread to restitch.
I love the rediscovered classic too. Beautiful piece.